Removes dirt from contaminated plastics
A friction washer or friction separator is a water high-speed cleaning machine for mixed plastics with high contamination or persistent dirt, for instance, PET and film flakes. Ideally, the friction washer follows both the hot washer as a rinsing unit in the plastic recycling process.
Also, B+B supplies customized friction separators for the paper and cardboard industry.
Cleaning process of a high-speed friction washer
With a high-speed revolving rotor, the polluted ground material is conveyed through the housing. A cleaning solution that is constantly refreshed flows in the opposite direction and the rapid rotations allow the contaminants to rub off and break down into small particles. The inner screen tube functions as a dewatering device and filter for contaminants.
B+B supplies friction washers with the following advantages:
- Intensive pre-cleaning of plastic flakes
- Thorough dissolution and separation of impurities
- Intensive rinsing through additional washing fluids
- Automatically cleaning of the screens through water injection
- Continuous recycling operation thanks to maintenance-free quality
According to your requirements, B+B builds and supplies a variety of friction washers differing in throughput, driving power and diameter.